Four weeks before treatment
- Avoid any tanning for 3-4 weeks prior to treatment AND use SPF 30+ sunscreen.
- For your safety, any patient arriving with a tan or sunburn may be rescheduled.
- Do not wax or use depilatory creams. The laser treatment requires hair to be present in the hair shaft and follicle to be effective.
One week before treatment
- Avoid irritant topical agents for 2-3 days before treatment.
Day of treatment
- The treatment area needs to be freshly shaved – no visible hair.
- The treatment area needs to be clean and free of makeup, lotions or sunscreens.
- Be sure to notify your provider if there have been any changes to your health or your medications since your last visit. Some medications may cause you to be more sensitive to laser hair removal and may result in burns or an allergic reaction.
- Notify your provider of any cold sores, rashes, or open wounds ANYWHERE on your body (not just in the treatment area).
What to expect after treatment
- You may experience mild redness, swelling, itching and/or irritation during and immediately after the treatment. This is a sign that the treatment worked. The redness and swelling may last for a few days after the treatment. This is a desirable result.
- Severe burning, severe itching, and severe swelling are NOT normal. If this occurs, please contact our office immediately.