Dermaplaning is an exfoliation method that consists of gently removing the top layer of dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion.
Dermaplaning is often recommended before undergoing more intrusive facial treatments in order to ensure the best treatment outcome possible. To find out if dermaplaning is right for you, schedule a consultation with our Master Aesthetician.
How Does Dermaplaning Work?
Our Master Aesthetician will use a 10-gauge scalpel to delicately exfoliate dead skin cells and remove fine hairs from the skin. The feeling of dermaplaning can best be compared to the feeling of shaving. The procedure lasts around 30 minutes total, depending on the surface area that needs to be dermaplaned.
Dermaplaning is considered a low-risk procedure. Our Master Aesthetician takes pride in completing dermaplaning treatments efficiently and safely. You may notice some side effects after your treatment. These may include:
- Slight redness in the treated area for several hours post-treatment.
- Whiteheads developing on the treated area. The majority of our clients do not have this problem.
- Infection and/or scarring in the treated areas. This is extremely rare.
To avoid potential side effects, we recommend scheduling a consultation before you receive treatment. Everyone’s skin is unique and may react differently to treatment. At The VEI Aesthetics Center, you can be sure that our treatment centers around your individual needs and skin goals.
What Does Dermaplaning Treat?
Dermaplaning’s main purpose is to exfoliate the skin and give it a refreshed, smooth, look. Dermaplaning can:
- Rid your skin of vellus hair (also known as “peach fuzz”).
- Remove dead skin cells.
- Prevent wrinkles and fine lines from forming, when treatment is performed regularly. We recommend interested patients come in for dermaplaning sessions in approximately one-month intervals.
- Reduce the appearance of blackheads and acne scars.
Schedule a dermaplaning consultation with our Master Aesthetician today.